You are not logged in.

#126 17 Nov 2006 3:56 am

Butcher

Re: bf2142 stat query protocol

lol, btw, getting bamboocommandos.com up within the weekend (I hope at least), turns out that the second the domain became available an automated bot or something bought the domain, put of commercials (usual "most popular categories") and then holds an auction for it.

Anyway, I plan on getting the .com domain back within the day, using .net temporarily. Just need to get my brother to fix the database, lol. When that is done and everything works, I will offer you 21 and a half chocolate-chip cookies to help me get the 2142 Stat Viewer working (like you helped me get the bf2 one working, lol, remember all the problems I had with that one).

http://bamboocommandos.com/butcher_img/butchersig7.jpg

#127 08 Dec 2006 1:30 am

dp_wiz
Website

Can someone post (right on tech wiki m.b.?) AES type, keys, size and padding used to encrypt auth data?

#128 08 Dec 2006 8:35 am

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

I haven't spent too much time looking at the code tubar wrote and trying to extract the key from it. 

I did sit down for a few minutes to look at the differences between tubar's rijndael implementation and .NET's native implementation, and they don't look too much different, so I'm sure its just a matter of deriving the key.

both the key and IV are 16 bytes long (the initialization vector is used to xor the first block of bytes) and I can say with some certainty that the iv is 4C BB 56 AA 78 00 00 C3 65 FF EF 44 23 12 2C 2C (and thats coming from this post.  If the aes library you're using takes a type/mode it's CBC (Cipher Block Chaining), padding is insignificant due to the fact that the data being encrypted is the exact size of 1 block (16 bytes) and padding is used to make a < 16 byte block = 16 bytes.  I'm pretty sure pToken in the getplayerinfo uses this exact same algorithm, so it may need a padding mode, but for now this doesn't.

#129 08 Dec 2006 12:42 pm

dp_wiz
Website

Tubar is a hacker genius from 70s.. tongue

Up:

Yahoo! I did it! yikes

Code:

gdtpLpR7srzaPEU8NRkrUw__
81DB692E947BB2BCDA3C453C35192B53 True

That means, what those 450 LoC / 26 KB of python is at least working as correct as that (working, i know lol) PHP code.

Finally, i can lay siege on stats server with my brand-new (well.. almost) auth token generator. cool

Last edited by dp_wiz (08 Dec 2006 4:05 pm)

#130 10 Dec 2006 10:57 am

dp_wiz
Website

I'm trying to work out formater for getplayerprogress but i'm getting this response:

Code:

E 999
$ 4 $

I'm not banned (yet lol) and other functions are working nice...

Google shows some post on forums, where people are trying to get themselves 'veteran status' and blaming EA about this-strange-symbols hmm

#131 10 Dec 2006 11:32 am

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

congrats on getting the py auth working!

Don't forget the other required parameters (scale and mode) otherwise you wont get any results.

As far as I know you cant update your stats w/ the functions we've documented.  There are more functions in the game (like ones that do push stats), but we didn't include them because they're for updating stats and not pulling them. 

The reason for blocking IP's on sites pulling stats is because the back end stats servers are setup to handle the amount of game users/ servers online.  When you start adding a bunch of sites pulling stats data, then the game servers who are trying to push and pull stats will get clogged and the in game experience will get bad and folks will start complaining to EA about something they have no control over (except to gratuitously block IP's).

that being said, its not hard to set up public feeds that work off of replicated stats databases, and wont put a strain on the game system, but they've been really quiet about those and slow to get them out in the wild.

#132 10 Dec 2006 1:44 pm

dp_wiz
Website

That's really rude about stats. We talked to EA's reps month ago and they are promised public stats. Time passed, EA still silently banning fetchers.

Any information on good-bad-ugly timings for requests?

#133 10 Dec 2006 3:26 pm

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

the guy who supposedly wrote the auth code over at gamespy/ign contacted me a while ago when we started this, and talked about a public feed some time in the future.  he corresponded back and forth for a while but stopped replying to me, so I can only assume that I've either pissed him off or they've changed their minds about providing a public feed.

until then I'm sure folks can use anonymous proxies to make the requests through.

bf2142tracker seems to be tracking rank / score and a few other items, but I think they monitor every ranked server in existence to get that info.

#134 12 Dec 2006 3:10 am

Dok

They've been promising a feed for 8 weeks now.  Obviously they aren't going to do it.  I believe they have a script in place to auto-block ips after eitehr so many unique requests per time period, or even so many requests per time period, making it pointless to pull stats unless you're just doing it for yourself. 

In addition, the ea stat page site is being hosted on the same network as the gamespy feed, so getting stats from that method ends with the same results eventually. 

About the only thing left to do is to start a boycott/strike against EA and Gamespy until they release a stats feed.  It's really sad that a company feels they have to go to these lengths, but as with all companies, money does the talking and when bad publicity starts going out, they'll start fulfilling their promises.  Until the community starts demanding things, nothing will ever change.

#135 12 Dec 2006 4:21 am

dp_wiz
Website

We're recently engaged in conversation with EA/DICE and they had promised to give an answer about public feeds in two days... hmm

#136 12 Dec 2006 8:57 am

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

should be fairly easy to use a proxy to send the request.

I know this ain't cricket, but then again, telling a bunch of people that you're going to provide a public feed and then never responding to anyone to say whether you are or aren't, isn't either.

#137 19 Dec 2006 11:50 am

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

It seems like they've changed the way the game talks to the stats servers... can anyone verify that the auth info is the same?

BUG FIXES
- Remove ability to resupply all unlimited ammo objects
- No longer able to use Sentry Gun pushing player into Titan Crate collision
- No longer able to use RDX DemoPaks drop through first section of the 3rd and 4th upper hallways of both Titans
- Away Bonus is now used when calculating in-game promotions
- Improved communication with GameSpy Database

#138 19 Dec 2006 12:35 pm

dp_wiz
Website

Still working for me cool

In [13]: stats.get_leader_board(1,1,'overallscore')
Out[13]:
[{'Vet': 1,
  'countrycode': 'US',
  'globalscore': 88817,
  'nick': 'WoKeN',
  'pid': 81242951,
  'playerrank': 42,
  'pos': 2,
  'rank': 2}]

#139 19 Dec 2006 2:03 pm

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

yea it still works for me too, but I was thinking more along the lines of a packet log to make sure they're calling the same functions w/ the same parameters.

the guy I was talking to at IGN said he was working on changing the auth stuff back when we started looking at this. thats the only reason I'd think it may have changed.

#140 19 Dec 2006 6:48 pm

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

yep, there's a new gsa parameter on 4 of the functions (getawardsinfo, getleaderboard, getplayerinfo, and getplayerprogress)... 

As far as I can tell, it stays the same for a while (not different w/ every request like auth is), but every time I logged in, I had a new value for it.

in the server it was also used in some of the other functions we haven't documented (ones that update stats).

the block of code to create the parameter was under a section labeled EAOnlineManager, so for the time being, I'll assume its some device to verify the user in question is online.

#141 02 Jan 2007 10:21 pm

Darthbob

Hi All,

Thanks for all your hard work on figuring out the Auth key!

I have been working on a stats site for a small group of friends and am creating an awards page which will show if the player has met the requirements for each award.  Some of the awards require a certain period of usage for equipment such as Med or Ammo hub.  However I haven't been able to find the stats which hold time for equipment.  I have seen that some other site had found how to retrieve equipment stats;$m[1]www.2142-stats.com and bf2142tracker.com.

I am guessing it may be a "mode" used with the "playerinfo" call and I have tried these combinations (I have also not been able to find stats for each particular Army such as "time as EU" and "time as PAC" so I tried mode call's for army also)...

getplayerinfo.aspx?auth=$auth&mode=

//army
//arm
//fac
//fact

//equipment
//eqmt
//epmt
//epm
//eqm
//equ
//eqp
//qmt
//qpt
//eq
//equi
//equip
//eqpmnt
//quip
//kit
//item
//itm
//gear

It looks like the stats exist because in the backendinfo call where it sets requirements for awards, the Resupply Service Badge looks like this...

awards.setData 113_1 "6,45, ,8"
awards.setData 113_2 "6,45, ,10" "9,130,etpk-6,36000"
awards.setData 113_3 "6,45, ,15" "9,130,etpk-6,180000" "1,45,resp,400"

Silver (113_2) needs 10 hours (or 36000 seconds) with Ammo hub (guessing etpk-6 is ammo hub).  But I don't see the etpk-6 stat in any of the calls discussed here or on the 2142 wiki?  Have I overlooked these stats or has anyone figured out how to retrieve them?

Thanks a bunch,
DB

Last edited by Darthbob (02 Jan 2007 10:26 pm)

#142 02 Jan 2007 10:45 pm

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

oops, missed a mode on the wiki (I just added it) for getplayerinfo.

mode=award

will give it to you.

#143 02 Jan 2007 11:00 pm

Darthbob

Thats it.

Thanks MadHatter, you're the best!!!

-DB

#144 28 Jan 2007 1:47 am

shark
Website

Thanx MadHatter, i've created BFONLINE.FREE.FR thanks to your wiki. great work, it helped me.

http://booworld.free.fr/userbar2142/83233607.png

#145 28 Jan 2007 2:35 am

dp_wiz
Website

shark :

Thanx MadHatter, i've created BFONLINE.FREE.FR thanks to your wiki. great work, it helped me.

Congrats! Don't get banned (=

#146 28 Jan 2007 8:53 am

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

shark :

you have some nice sigs (as you can see I've already found your site and am using it big_smile)       

nice work btw!

#147 28 Jan 2007 9:00 am

shark
Website

it's a honor for me that you 're using it big_smilebig_smile

http://booworld.free.fr/userbar2142/83233607.png

#148 09 Mar 2007 1:57 pm

winsr
Extreme Member

guys, is there someone that has done this code on VB6?, i have the code from 2 diferent sources, one php (yours), and one java (othe one i found), they both work and make a authkey, but i cant make mine in VB6 to work. Any one?

Thanks

#149 10 Mar 2007 11:17 am

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

I haven't seen anybody do a vb6 version of it.  I'd be interested in seeing this java version you found.

#150 04 Jun 2007 3:24 am

shAd

first: thank you for you great work!

I have a little problem with the code here.

if i take my personal pid: 100839159, everytime the player with the nick: KoshaNaranek will be displayed.

with other pids its working correctly. Whats the problem? BFHQ is showing me: 100839159 with the nick: "shAd-"

Sorry for my english, its not my native language.

Thanks for help!

© 2003 - 2024 NullFX
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License